Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 5- Friday, April 22, 2011

Today for lunch I had the traditional Segovian meal, a whole suckling pig! The dad cut it with a plate to show how tender it was, this is tradition. Then you are supposed to throw the plate to the ceiling and break it, but we skipped that part. It was not my favorite food I've had here so far. Presentation aside, the taste was just not so pleasing to me. But my family LOVES this meal! The pig itself was pretty funny, my host sister stuck a pretzel in it's mouth and kept facing it towards me! The head still had the teeth even!

My host family (to the left of me is Jorge, to the right of me is a freind of Luis's form the U.S., next to the friend is Luis, and then my host father, also named Luis, and then my host mother, Ana. My host sister, who is also named Ana is taking the photo.)

Ana with the pig head!

The pig we had for lunch. It still had its teeth! And its spine!

This morning we had class again. We talked more about the Arab/Muslim influence in Spain and then also a bit about the art and architecture from this time period.

It got cold here! Brrr! It was rainy and yucky today! Despite the weather there were a bunch of processionals today! I even got some photos! My host mother and brother were in a procession, but unfortunately I did not see that one!

A procession we saw by the Aquaduct this morning.



We went on a tour of Aquaduct today and saw where is first comes above the ground. We got to peek into the purifier and took a picture of all of us with out feet in the Aquaduct!

Me and Megan under one of the Aquaduct's arches.

It's huge!

The Aquaduct curves a little at this spot.

This is where the Aquaduct and water comes above ground.

The Aquaduct purifier.

The is posted by where the Aquaduct starts above ground.

This is the very beginning of the Aquaduct where it comes above ground.

A view down the Aquaduct through that little peep hole above ^

Another view of the Aquaduct

No comments:

Post a Comment