Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 7- Sunday, April 24, 2011

Well it has been one week since we all met at JFK to begin this trip! Time is flying!

The lifestyle over here in Spain is so different than the U.S. For me this is a whole new experience, it is my first time anywhere in Europe. The architecture and buildings are different, the daily schedule is different, the clothing is different, and just the general lifestyle is different, much more slow paced and calm. Overall it has been an adjustment, especially with the 6 hour time difference, but very cool at the same time.

Today was a pretty calm day. We all had breakfast at Ricardo's house. He is our teacher here and Spain. His wife cooked us an "American" breakfast, which is funny because she is not American, she is Spanish! The meal was complete with eggs, french toast, bacon, fruit salad, some pastries, and American style coffee. It was delicious! We then hung out at his house for awhile and chatted. His home is beautiful!

Today for lunch my family had rice with seafood and meat, I think it was paella because it had a yellow sauce/color to it, but there were no veggies in it. It was very good!

After lunch Megan, Caitlin and I went to our favorite café at la colonial plaza to study, although we ended up chatting a lot more than studying. We had té and café con leche. And then we shared a croissant, a crepe con leche dulce y un crepe con chocolate! It was all very yummy! After a couple of hours at the café we all came back to my house for a little and hung out. This evening for dinner my family had a lasagna, which we had once before and I like it. I am very tired tonight!

Off to bed soon... ¡Hasta mañana!

No comments:

Post a Comment