Monday, April 18, 2011

We're here!!!- Monday, April 18, 2011



Well we are here!!!

The plane ride went well. We were served dinner at about 10 PM U.S. time and then got to sleep for 3 hours and ate breakfast 3 AM U.S. time. So we are all now running on very little sleep! To the left is a picture of us all at the airport in Madrid.

After arriving in Madrid we took a tour bus to Segovia were our host families met us. I was met by my host brother Luis. He is 20 and studying to be a pharmacist. I also have another host brother, Jorge who is 18, and a host sister Ana who is 15. They also have a dog who is adorable! Her name is Quimba (forgive the spelling I will have to check on that). Both of my host parents work during the day. I just met the father, but the mother will not be home until later tonight. They are all so kind and very welcoming.

My host family has a beautiful house! It is very large. There are two floors and a beautiful, large patio/balcony off the second floor. I have my own room which I posted a picture of and my own bathroom!

Soon I will be meeting up with the group to get a tour of Segovia. Luis has assured me that Segovia is very small and easy to navigate and I should be OK even with my terrible sense of direction!

More to come later... ¡Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment